User Discussions > Welcome & Notices

Server Crash 2/8/17

(1/2) > >>

Jim:
A power outage caused by yesterday's ice storm around here caused the server that houses TM to go down hard overnight.  It did not come back up clean, so we were off the network for several hours until I could run the manual filesystem checks this morning.  The web site came right back up, but I was getting database errors when accessing the forum until recently.  I didn't fix anything manually, so I assume an automated fix occurred.  But for now, please watch for unusual behavior and let me know when you observe anything.

compdude787:
I was wondering what happened to the site yesterday.

rickmastfan67:

--- Quote from: Jim on February 08, 2017, 01:45:52 pm ---The web site came right back up, but I was getting database errors when accessing the forum until recently.  I didn't fix anything manually, so I assume an automated fix occurred.

--- End quote ---

I got lucky and was able to get it fixed in the Admin area of the forums.  Had to 'optimize' the database, which seemed to fix the problems here.

Highway63:
Ah, so that's what that was. I thought it might have been down for maintenance.

Jim:

--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on February 08, 2017, 10:59:47 pm ---
--- Quote from: Jim on February 08, 2017, 01:45:52 pm ---The web site came right back up, but I was getting database errors when accessing the forum until recently.  I didn't fix anything manually, so I assume an automated fix occurred.

--- End quote ---

I got lucky and was able to get it fixed in the Admin area of the forums.  Had to 'optimize' the database, which seemed to fix the problems here.

--- End quote ---

Excellent, thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version