User Discussions > Welcome & Notices

Help Getting Started

(1/2) > >>

tarheel61581:
Help...trying to get started on this site; finally got to where I can log into forum, trying to submit my first list of highways traveled.....See that submissions must be made in .list format in plain text file.....Can I use TextEdit on a Mac?  On my desktop the file ends in .list but when I attach it ends in .list.rtf...please advise

Jim:
Welcome aboard! 

List files definitely must be plain text.  On the Mac, TextEdit will work, but be sure to save as plain text.  RTF won't work.  Ideally it will have a .list extension but not a .txt following, but if it does have a .txt, it's not hard for me to strip that off when I put it on site.  I'd say I have to do that for about 1/3 of the emailed submissions I get.

compdude787:
I know on Notepad in Windows, you can set the file type to be "all files" and then save it in whatever file format you want. I'm sure there's a way to do this on a Mac, but I don't use one, so I don't know how. But anyway, welcome to Travel Mapping!

tarheel61581:
Thanks I sent one already to the travelmap email address but got an autoreply about not being a registered member yet

tarheel61581:
Also, after further review, my computer will not let me save as "Plain Text"....only choices are rtf, doc, docs, html, xml

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version