Author Topic: srba (Serbian A Roads)  (Read 3863 times)

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:42:46 pm
srba (Serbian A Roads)
« on: February 04, 2016, 09:44:03 am »
Can someone review this small European motorway system? Michih did have a look and found no issue. An established contributor spending a couple of minutes looking at it and giving it the OK and it can become active.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: srba (Serbian A Roads)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 09:12:49 pm »
A cursory look around GMSV suggests these exit numbers aren't signed in the field. If you're aware and fine with this, and just wanna make this the standard for this country, then I can be OK with that too.

A3:
new shaping point after +x4
10(B) -> 9A(B); relabel in E70 if deemed necessary
move 10B east

A1Nov:
Is +10 ready to unhide?
Should label 24 be retained as such?

A1:
A3_E -> A3?

A1Vra:
It doesn't extend north to meet the old road (B44?) north of Vladicin Han?

CSVs:
Presovo -> Presevo?

The rest looks OK.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 02:42:43 am »
WRT your latest commit... It took me a minute to understand what was happening in the +X691502 +58(A1) +R227 +Vra area on A1/E75, but I think I get it now. The removal of the old Exit 57 confused me for a bit. It looks like that interchange was on the old R44, and the new A1 was built on new parallel alignment with no interchange. OK.
It took me a bit to get the AltLabels too. "Why keep an AltLabel around if the point it refers to has been deleted? This probably wouldn't have been the way of doing things back in the CHM days..." But the more I think about it... What you're doing provides more graceful degradation for stale .list files. In a case of a newsworthy update where a traveler has to check and update his .list file anyway, maps & stats showing travel to not-quite-the-right-location are a lesser evil than a .list file line not even parsing and just producing an error in the .log file. Yes, I think I like this.
Caveat: If you've been reading another thread, you may have gathered that I like *OldA1_Foo points. Don't worry, I haven't looked into this in enough detail to see whether any are necessary here. :D
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 08:12:22 am »
WRT your latest commit... It took me a minute to understand what was happening in the +X691502 +58(A1) +R227 +Vra area on A1/E75, but I think I get it now. The removal of the old Exit 57 confused me for a bit. It looks like that interchange was on the old R44, and the new A1 was built on new parallel alignment with no interchange.
I think the issue is the mapping in Cyrillic SE Europe (I've had this with recently built roads in Bulgaria as well). When I made the route/realigned E75 when the motorway opened, they hadn't put the actual interchange on OSM at the time (and Google, Bing, etc were even slower on the uptake), and sliproads tend to show up later than mainlines, so I assumed that the exit numbers were in the right place for the exits.

As such, it was simply a relocation of the points '57' and '58' to where the junction actually is, rather than a noteworthy change (though I do see that there was an R44 interchange near where 57 was, the A1 is a new alignment, so a starred point isn't right there, but I don't particularly like them anyway*).

As for AltLabels - I tend to always make them, even if not in use (it's just more hassle to check to see). Eventually we might have a bit of code that strips out unused ones, but it's such a low priority.

*I can see the use some of the time, but when the twinning of the R44 happens later this year (in pieces) between 51 and 55, then I'm not going to have starred points for all the old E75 points on the road that aren't junctions any more (I'll just stick '+' on them and move them slightly if they don't line up well with the shaping). I'll put one for the R44 point you asked me to add (and not having to do that was a key reason for ending the A1 segment at the intersection, rather than the temporary terminus), but the others...

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 01:36:05 pm »
Is there any issue why this system cannot be activated?

Generally, there are a lot of (European) systems in preview status for a long time... No criticism... I just wonder why...

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 06:10:10 am »
Activated!