Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Welcome & Notices / Re: Site update schedule interruptions
« Last post by Jim on Yesterday at 11:18:47 am »
Crazy week here, so I never finished the site update launch last night that I thought I ran.  It's running now.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: FL 13 truncated, maybe?
« Last post by rickmastfan67 on Yesterday at 10:08:43 am »
Hmm, yeah, I think they just posted it where they could coming up to the interchange on the North side of the bridge.

So, no change.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: FL 13 truncated, maybe?
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Yesterday at 09:15:05 am »
The end sign is at 2:33 in the below video of the Acosta Bridge northbound from roadwaywiz.

Acosta Bridge southbound for good measure:

IA Lincoln Highway:
Signs east of Lisbon do not seem to have been updated (as of September 2023) for the realignment of US 30 Bus. Do you have any sources showing the backtrack on Kirkwood? If not, I'd recommend using as much of the old alignment as possible via Adams and Old Lincoln to Charles.

Everything else looks perfect :)
See my post from April 6.
There are currently two gaps in the route due to closed roads in the IA 17 and Lisbon areas. I’m in a protracted debate/struggle with the Iowa LHA on this as the Iowa DOT wants to re-sign the route this year, I have some changes across the state based on my research, and any major changes have to take into account its national byway designation. What's there in those two places is fine for now but I hope to have them changed in the field.
Updates to Highway Data / LA: LA33 Point Request
« Last post by mikeandkristie on Yesterday at 12:00:32 am »
I wanted to see if a waypoint could be added on LA33 in Ruston, LA.  We came through there on our way back from Texas for the eclipse.  We crossed over I-20 to find a gas station on the right hand side of the road.  I decided to continue up to the next light hoping to find a waypoint.  I turned on Kentucky Ave which is a waypoint on US 167.  It came out on LA33 and then returned to I-20.  Once I was putting in our mileage, I noticed there was no waypoint here.  There is also a waypoint on LA544 on Kentucky Ave where it turns and heads to I-20.  This would be exits 84, 85, and 86.  So, I think it would be logical that the road off of exit 86 would have the same cross-street waypoint as exits 84 and 85.  I'm attaching a screenshot pointing out the intersections I'm referring to.  The two green arrows are the existing waypoints and the orange one is this new one I'm proposing.

Mike
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: usatr: United States select tourist routes
« Last post by mapcat on April 16, 2024, 10:39:40 pm »
In Indiana, ORSB and LCTrl both have a point in Clarksville that is probably in the wrong spot. BroStaWay_E should mark the turn at Randolph Ave instead of North Clark Blvd.

Looks like the ORSB was changed, but the LCTrl wasn't.
Other Discussion / Re: usanyb: New York Scenic Byways
« Last post by Jim on April 16, 2024, 10:15:36 pm »
Thanks, I removed my own post.

And yes, this thread is not a statement of intent.  Just some thoughts and now a little research.  It doesn't look like a great candidate for addition to me at this point.
Other Discussion / Re: usanyb: New York Scenic Byways
« Last post by Duke87 on April 16, 2024, 08:59:21 pm »
I think it would be helpful if someone with a few minutes and a experience doing so could split off the New York Scenic Byways posts into a new thread since it seems that potential system would be separate from usatr, and the posts specific to regrouping/toggling systems into a new or an appropriate existing thread. [Could also then delete this post.]

Done, as you can see - however I am not able to delete posts. I believe as things are configured here only an admin can do that.

Also want to make sure it's caveated heavily: for now the content here is just spitballing, this system may or may not ever be created. That remains to be decided.
Updates to Highway Data / PA: PA 981 Realignments North of Mount Pleasant
« Last post by Markkos1992 on April 16, 2024, 05:16:21 pm »
(For PA 981)  PennDOT - District 12 News: Boyer Road Closing Monday in Westmoreland County

This work is part of the $55.2 million Laurel Valley Transportation Improvement Project to upgrade the Route 981 corridor from the intersection with Route 819 in Mount Pleasant Township to the intersection with Route 30 in Unity Township and is broken into three separate projects. The southernmost section will involve reconstruction of Route 981 from the intersection with Route 819 north to a point just south of the town of Calumet. The project is expected to be complete in September 2024.

I am honestly unsure if some of this may be done already.  Project Website:  https://laurelvalleyproject.com/section-1/
Other Discussion / Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Last post by cl94 on April 16, 2024, 05:12:22 pm »
Last weekend saw me heading down to Bakersfield for the Bakersfield Road Meet, also attended by several other TM users. Travels to and from the meet brought me up to 52.4% in California, an increase of at least 3%. Included in this were a long section of I-5 (Wheeler Ridge to Santa Nella),  the western half of CA 198, large chunks of US 101 and CA 33, my last missing Bay Area Interstate mileage, a full CA 17 clinch, and a bunch of minor routes in Kern County. Original plan had me getting all missing US 101 mileage between I-405 and I-580, but a major crash south of Gilroy diverted me over to CA 1, allowing for the 17 clinch.

Not included in new TM mileage were a fun high-clearance road accessing the Carrizo Plain (Elkhorn Grade Road), a county-maintained freeway near Bakersfield, and Donner Pass in the snow.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10