Author Topic: NE: US 30/77 relocation, Fremont  (Read 1202 times)

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:24:00 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
NE: US 30/77 relocation, Fremont
« on: June 19, 2023, 03:56:43 pm »

Summer: Fremont Southeast Beltway

So this opened to traffic, I drove it this morning. Signage along the beltway has been updated (at least at the south end) while signage along 275 has not been updated.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 06:53:35 am by yakra »
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
Re: Re: Nebraska Outlook
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 09:47:30 am »
6/30: US30, North Bend to Fremont
Summer: Fremont Southeast Beltway

Drove both these over the weekend. Signage on both sides of Fremont directs US 77 traffic to follow the beltway. There is no business loop signed, just some holdover 77 signs in town.

US 30 now defaults onto the new alignment (even though they haven't finished the EB lanes yet). Not sure of the situation with the west end of US 30 Business, but I'll be back in the area in November to confirm. I would think it would follow old 30 and Ridge Rd (if Fremont keeps the signs up), since that was the only paved connector to the new routing.

Come November I'll also check out Blair.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 09:56:57 am
  • I like C++
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 08:54:43 am »
Before I go ahead & commit, do you have any intel on US275Bus?
Last I remember (quite a while back) signage was pretty darn spotty, especially at the south end, though ISTR there may have been the odd occasional sign.
Now, I can only find this one sign.
Think it should probably be deleted?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 11:20:07 am »
That's the only sign I've ever seen as well, going back to when I first clinched it a few years back. Nebraska has no official business loops, it just depends on how well cities want to sign them. Nebraska City does a good job, Fremont... doesn't. Business 30 signage is spotty as well, and may not ever be signed on the west end again with the reroute.

Both the US 30 and US 77 reroutes got approved by AASHTO as well.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 11:12:06 pm »
Leaning toward deletion.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2023, 12:04:10 am »
Fine by me, no one would ever know that 275 Bus existed at either end, the only sign is that one north of the grocery store. I'll check on 30 Bus in November when I head back down there, if the west end signage has been removed totally that one can probably go as well.

Offline Highway63

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 17, 2024, 11:00:05 pm
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2023, 11:45:40 pm »
It looks like the Blair bypass won't be done until next year: https://www.blairnebraska.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=79

The NE 511 website still has closures for 30 around North Bend so I don't think that's done either.

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2023, 10:16:37 am »
The NE 511 website still has closures for 30 around North Bend so I don't think that's done either.

I drove it back over Labor Day, it's open both directions all the way to Fremont, it's just two-way traffic at the east end. I think there's some closures on NE 79, but didn't go that way.

Offline Highway63

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 17, 2024, 11:00:05 pm

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2023, 12:01:33 am »
Fine by me, no one would ever know that 275 Bus existed at either end, the only sign is that one north of the grocery store. I'll check on 30 Bus in November when I head back down there, if the west end signage has been removed totally that one can probably go as well.

Update: just drove the west side of 30 Bus; there's no signage whatsoever at the logical connection to the new 30 route (though they're not done yet, and there are only a couple shields in town on the route itself. Granted, there are still "30 WEST" signs on the old route, so take that for what it's worth.

I would recommend either removing 30 Bus or leaving it "as-is" and renaming the west end to "OldUS30".

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2023, 08:57:23 pm »
I would recommend either removing 30 Bus or leaving it "as-is" and renaming the west end to "OldUS30".
There are still enough signs in GMSV (including the E end @ its parent) that it should stay IMO. Going with US30 & OldUS30.

US275Bus OTOH is a whole other ball game. I did just now find one more sign for it.
Heh -- and it contradicts the other one. Just south from here, is it?
Still leaning toward deletion, just feeling a little more heartburn about it now...

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2023, 11:10:34 pm »
There are still enough signs in GMSV (including the E end @ its parent) that it should stay IMO. Going with US30 & OldUS30.

US275Bus OTOH is a whole other ball game. I did just now find one more sign for it.
Heh -- and it contradicts the other one. Just south from here, is it?
Still leaning toward deletion, just feeling a little more heartburn about it now...

There's no signage at the south end from what I remember, and the new 77 bypass has no signage either.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
Re: NE: US 30/77 relocation, Fremont
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2023, 07:02:16 am »
Topic split from Nebraska Outlook.

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/6968

NE79
Waypoint US30 moved from 6th St to a divided 4-lane expressway about 1.5 miles north.
aaroads charliezeb dharwood flroads terminal_moraine

US30
Removed from the Lincoln Highway and relocated onto a divided 4-lane expressway 1.5-2 miles north between waypoints *OldUS30_Nor and *OldUS30_Fre.
25or6to4 aaroads barefoot_driver bhemphill brendan charliezeb dharwood DJCane flroads highplainstrvlr highway63 hoopitypoop Ib3kii iowahighways justjake mapcat navigator oscar osu_lsu pnrrth squatchis ssoworld terescoj terminal_moraine the_spui_ninja the_spui_ninja_mini thing342 vespertine

US77
Removed from Broad Street and relocated onto the Fremont Southeast Beltway and US 275 between Broad Street and the western US 30 split.
25or6to4 barefoot_driver bejacob bhemphill Bitmapped bobcobb charliezeb DJCane duke87 highplainstrvlr highway63 Ib3kii iowahighways justjake lkefct mapcat navigator oscar osu_lsu squatchis ssoworld terminal_moraine the_spui_ninja the_spui_ninja_mini valedc03ls vespertine w9tam wadsteckel

US275BusFre
Route deleted
25or6to4 bejacob bhemphill DJCane highway63 hoopitypoop Ib3kii justjake mapcat oscar osu_lsu pnrrth ssoworld the_spui_ninja the_spui_ninja_mini vespertine