Highway Data Discussion > 6-Month+ Highway Data Outlook

New York Outlook

<< < (2/4) > >>

vdeane:
NY 79 will be getting a new alignment in the next couple years east of NY 12: https://www.dot.ny.gov/NY79ChenangoRiverBridge

yakra:
Excellent. Thanks for the info!

Fall: NY79 over Chenango River, Broome County

cl94:
Alright, some NY 17 fun. Our source at Region 6 posted in one of the Facebook groups that NYSDOT is making a conscious decision to remove all NY 17 signage west of US 220, as well as NY 15 signage along the I-86 and I-390 overlaps. 15 has already been truncated on TM, but this would effectively delete all of current NY NY 17. All of 17 west of Waverly/220 is concurrent with I-86, so nothing would be deleted from the system other than the NY 17 designation.

I can confirm that, apart from a couple of older overheads that are scheduled to be replaced within the next few years, most NY 17 signs are gone west of Waverly as of last week. The remaining ground-mounted signs are supposed to come down this year. This effectively means that NY 17 will be unsigned west of US 220 in the very near future (it already does not officially exist west of there according to Region 6).

yakra:

--- Quote from: dzheng35 on AARoads ---I drove on the Southern Tier Expressway today from exit 54 to 36 and back while google maps hasn't been updated yet, I noticed today that a lot if not all of the I-86/NY-17/NY-15 shields have been replaced with standalone I-86 shields with the southern tier expressway shield underneath the just simply marks the road as I-86 Southern Tier Expressway. I guess DOT finally took the guts to remove some of the NY-17 and NY-15 shields along that stretch.

--- End quote ---

yakra:
Summer: Begin NY17, Orange/Sullivan
Fall: NY79 over Chenango River, Broome County

2023/2024
Winter: ROUTE 17 AT EXIT 122 STAGE II

When?
NY17 truncation

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page