Highway Data Discussion > Updates to Highway Data

NV: US395BusRen

(1/3) > >>

cl94:
After driving the Reno business route of US 395 today, I am of the opinion that it no longer exists. Not only is it completely unsigned on the surface, it is impossible to drive the BR northbound due to a road diet in downtown Reno. The only evidence of the BR is a set of BGSes on US 395 at Exit 72, where the road does not have a local name. There is plenty of precedent for NDOT not removing shields/postmiles when they decommission routes, as evidenced by several former SRs in Carson City and Reno.

I propose deleting US395BusRen in entirety. The other routes that overlap with the BR still exist and are signed well.

For what it's worth, Corco is also of the opinion that it no longer exists given what is on the surface, and he's the one who insists everything be clinched if it exists on paper.

Bickendan:
This matches with what I saw on the ground when I was in Reno at the end of June.
However, being a US highway, do we have AASHTO confirmation of a turnback?

oscar:

--- Quote from: Bickendan on July 23, 2022, 01:29:24 am ---This matches with what I saw on the ground when I was in Reno at the end of June.
However, being a US highway, do we have AASHTO confirmation of a turnback?

--- End quote ---

I don't think US business route deletions require AASHTO approval.

I just resurfaced after a few days offline, will follow up on the rest of this later.

Bickendan:
I'm trying to remember if there was a 395B indication from southbound 395 approaching Virginia St coming in from Susanville.

I'll trawl GMSV when I get home.

cl94:

--- Quote from: Bickendan on July 24, 2022, 07:43:40 pm ---I'm trying to remember if there was a 395B indication from southbound 395 approaching Virginia St coming in from Susanville.

--- End quote ---

That is the only remaining evidence of the route, but it's at a location where the road has no local name. Interchanges with I-80 and 580/385 are unsigned.

Given how NDOT is with this stuff, I don't think a sign in one location is great evidence of a route still existing. There are plenty of signs, some along NDOT roads, for routes that no longer exist or were truncated. Removing shields/postmiles is definitely not a priority. See this shield at the south end of NV 667 for a segment that was decommissioned a while back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version