User Discussions > How To?

A route follows a one-way pair, each half of which also has its own number

<< < (3/3)

Duke87:
My interpretation of the situation is that 20 and 22 are not distinct routes, they are in effect opposite directions of the same route. So, handle it like any other one way pair: run 40 down the middle, and have 20/22 (as one single route in the HB) concurrent with it.

Admittedly, this takes a reality on the ground which simply does not fit our existing framework and bludgeons it into said framework, but what else can we really do here?

neroute2:

--- Quote from: Duke87 on August 18, 2023, 01:48:20 am ---My interpretation of the situation is that 20 and 22 are not distinct routes, they are in effect opposite directions of the same route. So, handle it like any other one way pair: run 40 down the middle, and have 20/22 (as one single route in the HB) concurrent with it.

--- End quote ---

20 and 22 are two-way west of 9 (where 40 crosses to use only 22). 22 also becomes two-way east of 31 (with 20 still existing to the south).

Maybe have one line mapped along the river between 9 and 31, with 20 and 22 overlapping there? But clinching 20 shouldn't clinch any of 22. And this doesn't work for 85, since (among other issues) large parts of 15 and 25 are two-way.

Duke87:

--- Quote from: neroute2 on August 18, 2023, 02:55:04 am ---Maybe have one line mapped along the river between 9 and 31, with 20 and 22 overlapping there? But clinching 20 shouldn't clinch any of 22.
--- End quote ---

This... is probably the least bad solution.

And actually, this resembles a common issue in Costa Rica that often part of a route follows a one way street and anyone heading the other direction either has to find their way around or ignore a do not enter sign (the latter is apparently quite common practice for people on mopeds and motorcycles). I pretty quickly decided "there are no one-way routes", and in all such situations identified the most logical thru route for traffic in the opposite direction and mapped it as an implied one way pair.

Now, usually said most logical thru route has no route number or only has in inventory number, but there are cases where opposite halves of a one-way pair officially have different route numbers. In these situations, following the same principle as above, I've run the two concurrent down the middle (see for example RS100 and RS109).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version