Author Topic: New Mapview on tmtest  (Read 11198 times)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:09:10 pm
Re: New Mapview on tmtest
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 10:34:30 pm »
A couple more features to wrap up this Sunday:

• country= now works, just be careful loading large countries if you are not extremely patient and have a ton of memory.  This can be used in conjunction with sys= to restrict, just like rg=.
  • You can specify a cr= to give any root (such as ny.i084) and you will see all routes in the same connected route.  rg= or sys= restrictions here don't make much sense in my opinion, so they are ignored if specified in conjunction with cr=.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2020, 10:54:34 pm »
You can specify a cr= to give any root (such as ny.i084) and you will see all routes in the same connected route.  rg= or sys= restrictions here don't make much sense in my opinion, so they are ignored if specified in conjunction with cr=.

I've replaced the links on the table of routes in systems.php to use cr= so you now get only the actual connected route listed in that table.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2020, 11:01:50 pm »
Is anyone aware of any old Mapview functionality that's not been replaced with equivalent or better functionality on the new version on tmtest?  I'd like to have it go live soon.

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:09:32 am
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2020, 11:08:51 pm »
I've replaced the links on the table of routes in systems.php to use cr= so you now get only the actual connected route listed in that table.

For the I-195 page, each instance of I-195 is treated as a separate route when you select any of the seven entries in the table, which is probably what you intended. But the MA and RI routes ought to be treated as a connected route.
Clinched:

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2020, 11:09:11 pm »
Ooh, nice!
http://tmtest.teresco.org/user/mapview.php?units=miles&u=yakra&cr=nh.nh153
If I zoom in until only a segment of PickPocRd <-> NH/ME is onscreen, the Visible Segments stats still = the Route Overall stats.
If I change to
http://tmtest.teresco.org/user/mapview.php?units=miles&u=yakra&cr=nh.nh153&v
Always Update Visible Routes is checked, and things proceed accordingly.
Looks like the presence/absence of the &v parameter controls whether Always Update Visible Routes is checked?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2020, 11:19:48 pm »

For the I-195 page, each instance of I-195 is treated as a separate route when you select any of the seven entries in the table, which is probably what you intended. But the MA and RI routes ought to be treated as a connected route.

When I click on the I-195 Rhode Island-Massachusetts link on http://tmtest.teresco.org/user/system.php?units=miles&u=terescoj&sys=usai, I get the whole connected route in mapview.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2020, 11:21:23 pm »
Ooh, nice!
http://tmtest.teresco.org/user/mapview.php?units=miles&u=yakra&cr=nh.nh153
If I zoom in until only a segment of PickPocRd <-> NH/ME is onscreen, the Visible Segments stats still = the Route Overall stats.
If I change to
http://tmtest.teresco.org/user/mapview.php?units=miles&u=yakra&cr=nh.nh153&v
Always Update Visible Routes is checked, and things proceed accordingly.
Looks like the presence/absence of the &v parameter controls whether Always Update Visible Routes is checked?

Yes, that's used for initial setting of the checkbox, and if the checkbox is selected, the route/region/system/whatever would be first loaded, then remaining routes in the view.

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:09:32 am
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2020, 08:50:31 am »
When I click on the I-195 Rhode Island-Massachusetts link on http://tmtest.teresco.org/user/system.php?units=miles&u=terescoj&sys=usai, I get the whole connected route in mapview.

Sorry, you can ignore this. I started at system.php and then must have switched over to mapview without thinking, and expected the routes listed in the route table to go to connected routes, but now see that that isn't what mapview is designed to do. So everything seems to be working as designed.
Clinched:

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2020, 12:32:31 pm »
Is there a list which QS parameter we have and where they are supported?

I'm aware of rg, sys, rte, cr, country, u, units, lat, lon, zoom

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2020, 12:42:55 pm »
Is there a list which QS parameter we have and where they are supported?

I'm aware of rg, sys, rte, cr, country, u, units, lat, lon, zoom

Hopefully up-to-date at the top of the PHP file:

https://github.com/TravelMapping/Web/blob/mapview/user/mapview.php

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2020, 05:34:00 pm »
A legend has been added for Mapview segment coloring.  I'm considering ways to improve it now that I have the mechanism down.

Is it worth space in the control panel at the top to have a toggle to display/hide the legend?

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2020, 05:48:49 pm »
The legend is unobtrusive IMO.

Color by Concurrencies:
Thoughts on just using red for anything with 5+ routes, to have the same behavior as the HDX?
http://tmtest.teresco.org/user/mapview.php?units=miles&u=harvey&rg=IN
Using white for 9 concurrencies seems odd; was this intended? I don't see white segments on the map (looking mainly at the Indy beltway).
Adding some quick-n-dirty temp code to siteupdate to check for 9+ route concurrencies, I see only IN I-465 46 47 and pals. This is displayed in gray.

Highway System Colors:
Thoughts on including both the clinched & unclinched colors in the legend?

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2020, 02:42:29 am »
A legend has been added for Mapview segment coloring.  I'm considering ways to improve it now that I have the mechanism down.

OMG, it looks like...... I could click and change the color... or click and uncheck (remove) the system from mapview..... I should not think about this.... ;)

Color by travel count: None, 1, 2, 7, 12, 18 is fine but a segment with 17 travels has the color indicated for 18. Maybe None, 1, 2, 3..7, 8..12, 13..18 etc?

Does "visible routes: plain" make sense? The black/grey style looks odd (maybe it would make sense if we count change the colors).

Is it worth space in the control panel at the top to have a toggle to display/hide the legend?

yes!

Highway System Colors:
Thoughts on including both the clinched & unclinched colors in the legend?

Seconded! Just next to it, maybe even without any pixel space in-between.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2020, 04:54:10 pm »
Color by travel count: None, 1, 2, 7, 12, 18 is fine but a segment with 17 travels has the color indicated for 18. Maybe None, 1, 2, 3..7, 8..12, 13..18 etc?

Every value has a different color (up to 240 max travelers).  I need to look into a gradient scale instead of the fixed boxes.

Does "visible routes: plain" make sense? The black/grey style looks odd (maybe it would make sense if we count change the colors).

Do you mean in the legend, or at all?