Highway Data Discussion > In-progress Highway Systems & Work

usaush: United States Historic US Routes

<< < (66/68) > >>

CoreySamson:
Is there any reason that US66HisTul was removed from the corpus that I'm not aware of? Just noticed that today.

EDIT: Just noticed the new US66HisOkl, consider my problem solved.

si404:

--- Quote from: CoreySamson on February 16, 2024, 09:11:02 pm ---Is there any reason that US66HisTul was removed from the corpus that I'm not aware of? Just noticed that today.

EDIT: Just noticed the new US66HisOkl, consider my problem solved.

--- End quote ---
Your travels on US66HisTul, and other routes absorbed by the extended US66HisOkl, should carry over. No update entries as the system is preview rather than active.

the_spui_ninja:

--- Quote from: cl94 on January 10, 2024, 09:07:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: si404 on January 10, 2024, 09:39:40 am ---
--- Quote from: cl94 on December 16, 2023, 09:20:25 pm ---I found a signed Historic US 50 this afternoon in Folsom, CA. 4 blocks of Sutter Street downtown, from the Folsom Blvd ramp to Riley Street. That is the extent of what was US 50 along Sutter Street, so it is correct. I saw no signs on either side of downtown.

--- End quote ---
It's really strange they have the US50His signs, because the signs elsewhere in Folsom are Lincoln Highway* ones, of which there are none on Sutter Street.

Anyway, this short and isolated route has been added locally. I also looked elsewhere (Altamont Pass, Folsom Blvd in Sacramento) and found no other signed routes.

*A route, along with the Great River Road, is crying out to be added at some point!

--- End quote ---

IMO, the Lincoln Highway and Great River Road are more worthy than some of the things we currently include (not that I endorse removing anything,  I'm on the "include as much as possible" train). Both are signed extremely well, sometimes better than state routes. In the case of the LH, it's often signed better than Old 40 and Old 50 in California/ Nevada and are functionally equivalent to historic US routes.

--- End quote ---

Lewis and Clark Trail too, there's a good online map for it (https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/87266b6613aa443cb437ef26c2077fff/) and it's really well signed in my experience.

Duke87:
Regarding US66HisOkl: it is signed westbound as turning right off of NW 39th onto Penn Ave, and then turning left onto I-44. Eastbound is signed as following NW 39th from I-44 exit 124, as is mapped.

NW 39th is actually the historic alignment, the signed westbound jog on Penn is presumably for continuity's sake since if you proceed west on NW 39th you will find it becomes one-way eastbound a few blocks later and not be able to continue following it. Still, worth a note.

Also: there are several alignments of Historic US 66 signed in Oklahoma City. The one that is mapped is the original 1926 routing. But there are also signs posted for the 1930 alignment (39th-Western instead of 39th-Classen), 1933 alignment (May-23rd instead of 39th-Classen-23rd), 1931 Beltline (Western-Britton from 39th to Kelley), 1936 Beltline (Classen from 39th to Western) and 1947 Beltline (May-Britton from 39th to Kelley).

Since these are all signed I'd say they should all be mapped.

The city's tourism website has a handy map.

si404:

--- Quote from: Duke87 on March 28, 2024, 10:42:49 pm ---Regarding US66HisOkl: it is signed westbound as turning right off of NW 39th onto Penn Ave, and then turning left onto I-44. Eastbound is signed as following NW 39th from I-44 exit 124, as is mapped.

NW 39th is actually the historic alignment, the signed westbound jog on Penn is presumably for continuity's sake since if you proceed west on NW 39th you will find it becomes one-way eastbound a few blocks later and not be able to continue following it. Still, worth a note.
--- End quote ---
I can't read the tiny text on the bottom of this sign (it's not there when I jump to the driveway, which is older imagery). There is no sign at I-44/Penn, but there is this one on I-44, which leads to this sign on 39th north of I-44, where 39th exists on both sides of I-44 as a couplet (which is one-way in the vicinity of I-44 exit 124, but otherwise 2 two-way frontage roads).

However, this westbound sign shows that westbound it remains on 39th south of I-44, and that sign at Penn is to get you around the one-way section at May, where, if travelling westbound on 39th (s of I-44) you'll find this sign telling you that there's a discontinuity in His66. I'd suggest that dinking down Frankford and along 38th to May before rejoining 39th just before it becomes the Expressway is 1PPI territory.

As such, I say keep it as is. Whether you count the (poorly) signed westbound diversion from Penn as a valid clinch of the route along 39th is up to the clincher.

--- Quote ---Also: there are several alignments of Historic US 66 signed in Oklahoma City. The one that is mapped is the original 1926 routing. But there are also signs posted for the 1930 alignment (39th-Western instead of 39th-Classen), 1933 alignment (May-23rd instead of 39th-Classen-23rd), 1931 Beltline (Western-Britton from 39th to Kelley), 1936 Beltline (Classen from 39th to Western) and 1947 Beltline (May-Britton from 39th to Kelley).

Since these are all signed I'd say they should all be mapped.
--- End quote ---
Like this, you mean? :P (I've added links to the relevant routes in the quoted bit)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version