Author Topic: SC: US1/78 Truck Route in Aiken  (Read 215 times)

Offline Wadsteckel

• Last Login:June 03, 2023, 09:31:54 pm
SC: US1/78 Truck Route in Aiken
« on: March 18, 2023, 08:44:10 pm »
Hi all,

Being a truck driver takes me to more roads than I would have been as a normal working person driving for leisure.  One of my recent trips had me picking up a load of 'glass rovings' (aka marbles) from AGY Holdings in Aiken SC to go up to Huntingdon Fiberglass in Huntingdon PA.  Coming from Monticello GA, I decided to take the I-520 East exit from I-20 to come into Aiken a different way.  Thinking I'd do US 1/78 all the way, I totally forgot about the truck route until I got to it.  Okay, so this gave me the chance to clinch them both.

As I was updating my routes, I noticed that US1TrkAik is marked at the same length as US78TrkAik, although US1 and US78 split in downtown Aiken, with US1 going more northeast out of the city with US78 going east-southeast.  Shouldn't the US1TrkAik route end at US1_N instead of US78_E?

Regards,
-Ed S.

Offline mapmikey

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 09:47:30 pm
    • Co-curator Virginia Highways Project
Re: SC: US1/78 Truck Route in Aiken
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 10:21:59 pm »
Since US 1 Truck is fully posted WB from US 78 east of Aiken, it is part of the US 1 Truck file in TM.

This is possible anywhere there is a loop around a city. If they are posted as TO the truck route then it would be left out of TM.