Author Topic: UT: UT 7 northern endpoint  (Read 1045 times)

Offline NickCPDX

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2024, 05:33:52 pm
UT: UT 7 northern endpoint
« on: January 10, 2022, 11:28:39 am »
Hi all - I drove the new portion of UT 7 on Saturday. The "End UT 7" sign is at West 40 North. Is that worthy of a separate waypoint?

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:40:09 am
Re: UT: UT 7 northern endpoint
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 07:32:25 pm »
Possibly. Is it signed from the UT 9 offramps as going both directions or is it only the location of the end sign that disagrees with an end at UT 9?

Also I assume we're talking about what Google labels as West 100 North and is unnamed on OSM? West 40 north doesn't intersect unless both maps are wrong.

Offline NickCPDX

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2024, 05:33:52 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 11:52:19 am »
It's not signed at all at the top of the diamond interchange. I just noticed, as I was about to turn south onto UT 7, that there was an "END UT 7" shield up a block at that next intersection and thought "welp, better go up there then." I don't remember seeing a corresponding "Begin UT 7" anywhere on the highway.

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:40:09 am
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 06:59:16 pm »
Alright so that sounds like "no build" then.

Worth noting it is pretty standard in Utah (and some other western states too) for routes that otherwise end at interchanges to have state maintenance extend to the next intersection (or thereabouts) beyond, in order to keep the approaches to the interchange all comprehensively under state responsibility. Standing policy is not to map the resulting short dangling ends unless they are very explicitly signed. The END sign being slightly beyond the interchange alone doesn't qualify without other signs corroborating it.