Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Other Discussion / Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Last post by andrepoiy on Yesterday at 09:34:15 pm »
I just finished my first multi-day road trip in which I was the primary driver. The major cities visited include: Montreal, Mont-Tremblant, Ottawa, North Bay, and Sudbury. A lot of minor cities were also visited.

This marks my first mileage outside my home province, and that province also happens to lack county roads, which is great to boost my mileage here on TM.

Within Ontario, you might see some gaps in my Highway 401, and that's because I had to exit to see certain attractions/towns. I was able to get a lot of new TCH mileage along Highway 17, 69, and 417.

I will outline my trip in more detail on AARoads, if you're interested in hearing more.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: ON: ON-69 new freeway alignment
« Last post by andrepoiy on Yesterday at 09:23:53 pm »
Today I just drove Highway 69, and I can confirm that there's a new routing, however, only one carriageway is open for now.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: NV: Summerlin Parkway -> NV-613
« Last post by oscar on Yesterday at 07:27:32 pm »
'Bout time. mapcat, thanx for the update.

NVDOT's 2021 route log indicates that NV 613's east end is technically at the Tenaya Way overpass (not interchange), about 0.4 mile west of our waypoint for the US 95 interchange. I suspect that the Summerlin Parkway east of that overpass is deemed part of the US 95 interchange, which has always been state-maintained even before the rest of the parkway transferred from county to state maintenance. So I might move all of the parkway, including the part east of Tenaya Way, from usasf to usanv.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: NV: Summerlin Parkway -> NV-613
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Yesterday at 07:12:12 pm »
I found the old original topic on this and merged them. 
Updates to Highway Data / NV: NV 613 is signed
« Last post by mapcat on Yesterday at 06:57:52 pm »
Updates to Highway Data / Re: freeways missing from usasf
« Last post by yakra on Yesterday at 02:54:00 pm »
How does OSM show maintenance?
Oh -- CR G and CR LL tags.

ETA: I suppose we could follow the "truncate to just the freeway bits" precedent set with GilExpy & numerous other usasf routes.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: freeways missing from usasf
« Last post by mapcat on Yesterday at 01:44:02 pm »
Re the LL Tisdale Pkwy in Tulsa: yes, it does have an at-grade intersection at its north end: its intersection with the Gilcrease Expy, which is in the HB. OSM shows both of these routes as county-maintained there (the eastern part of the Gilcrease is OK 11 and the future section will be OTA-controlled). It's about 3 miles long according to Wikipedia, so I wouldn't mind seeing it added in.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: OH: US 22/OH 3 and OH 48 Point Requests
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Yesterday at 11:13:31 am »
Of course, I completely screwed up my list file for US 22/OH 3 yesterday,  I just fixed it to show the correct segment clinched.
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: Australia
« Last post by si404 on Yesterday at 06:59:14 am »
AUS-WA WA77:
- Signage mostly seems to indicate this follows what is mapped as WA78, so suggest rerouting that way. Either way, definitely does not extend north of WA3 (per signs). GIS doesn't include this route so no official source on what it does on paper.

AUS-WA WA78:
- make part of WA77 per above recommendation. If not, delete - there are no WA78 signs.
Both these routes are on the GIS. You've confused the mapping of the functional classification of roads (which draws lines along them), with the numerical classification (which puts shields along the route).

However, I'll go by signage, rather than what's there on paper.

Edit:
AUS-WA WA83:
- truncate to WA71. Not signed west of here and GIS agrees.
Ditto this - you've misread the GIS - it agrees with what I have (in fact goes further - down the coast to WA82). Going with signage, like 77 and 78. And it goes west of WA71, so leaving as is.
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: Australia
« Last post by si404 on Yesterday at 06:45:12 am »
AUS-WA WA50:
- extend across what is mapped as WA120 to Northam. Signed as WA 50 in both directions from N94.
I remember spending some time when drafting looking at signs and making a decision on what number the Northam  - Toodyay road is back then.

Yes there's this junction with WA50 signs. However that sign is counteracted by the WA120 pointing along this road at both ends: Northam and Toodyay.

Other sources - Wikipedia, OSM, Google and the GIS you link to have it as WA120, not WA50.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10