User Discussions > Other Discussion

Anyone been to an OSM State of the Map conference?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jim:
So I will have 20 minutes to talk about TM and METAL.  I figure a couple minutes intro, 5-7 minutes on TM, 5-7 minutes on METAL, and then wrap up and take questions.

If you had 5-7 minutes to tell an audience of people who'd attend an OSM conference (map geeks) about TM, what would you highlight?  I'm thinking:

* mention our roots from CHM
* the TM rebirth
* TM from a user's perspective
* TM data and how we gather it, relationship to OSM
* high-level overview of site update/DB/web
Also, for those who have contributed to the project over the years, I plan to show our list at the bottom of http://travelmapping.net/credits.php .  If you have any objection to your name being included, please let me know.

michih:
I was told that there is a way to map your travels on OSM. I don't know details.
I would point out what's the difference - that we are focused on road systems.

Bickendan:
Jim, let me know if you need my full name for the contributors if my handle's what's listed.

Jim:

--- Quote from: Bickendan on August 06, 2019, 03:10:01 pm ---Jim, let me know if you need my full name for the contributors if my handle's what's listed.

--- End quote ---

Completely up to each of you how you want to be listed.  My plan is to use our existing list unless anyone wishes something different, in which case I'll make a TM Contributors slide.

Jim:
TM and METAL got their introduction about an hour ago to an audience of about 25 at State of the Map US.  I don't know if we'll get any users or contributors from it, but people thought it was a pretty neat project.  Thanks again to all of you who make it work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version