Author Topic: NOR: E18 *OldFoo points  (Read 2584 times)

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
NOR: E18 *OldFoo points
« on: June 14, 2020, 04:49:32 am »
*Old70:
While this is where the old exit 70 was located, it's also peculiarly where the new alignment crosses the completely separate old alignment.

So nobody would be entering/exiting the current alignment of E18 here, unless there was a temporary transition here while the project was under construction.
Was that the case? I don't know.

*OldDor:
An interesting test of the manual. Rather than "Old" -> "Gam", this looks like a case where a road exists and has a name, but the intersection itself was closed.
*EurVei ?
Compare several points on NB1
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 04:51:49 am by yakra »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 03:02:45 pm
Re: NOR: E18 *OldFoo points
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 10:35:38 am »
*Old70 is at the former interchange, see WorldImagery: https://travelmapping.net/hb/?r=nor.e18&lat=58.490401&lon=8.769042&zoom=15
*OldDor is the endpoint of the Oslo - Kristiansand Motorvei (Dørdal). The freeway currently starts at this temporary end. Europaveien (E road) looks quite self-made by a OSM mapper. I cannot access the road authority portal right now to look up if they indicate anything but I don't think so.

Leave both as-is.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 02:12:20 pm »
*Old70 is at the former interchange, see WorldImagery: https://travelmapping.net/hb/?r=nor.e18&lat=58.490401&lon=8.769042&zoom=15
Please reread the OP. It acknowledges that's where the old interchange was, on the old road. The new road is different, and its doubtful anyone could enter/leave the new road there.
The image I included was made by overlaying WorldImagery and OSM imagery. Google and Bing match OSM's E18's alignment here, so that looks legit.

*OldDor is the endpoint of the Oslo - Kristiansand Motorvei (Dørdal). The freeway currently starts at this temporary end.
I don't propose eliminating the point. Just noting that its label is not quite right.

Europaveien (E road) looks quite self-made by a OSM mapper. I cannot access the road authority portal right now to look up if they indicate anything but I don't think so.
If the "Europaveien" name might not be legit, fair enough. The manual would suggest -- for a road that still exists but only has its intersection closed, to prepend the * character but otherwise use a normal label. This suggests Dor.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 02:48:55 pm »
doubtful anyone could enter/leave the new road there.

Sorry, I don't get what should be wrong with *Old70. It is at the former interchange location and on the new alignment. If anyone will draft or reconstruct his old travels happened when the old alignment was in place (e.g. 2017), one would need this point. The location is 5 meters off - not at the centerline. This might be changed but that's not what you write...

I do not understand - technically - what should be wrong....

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 03:28:08 pm »
Look at the image in the OP, that overlays the OSM image of the new alignment over the aerial imagery of the old alignment.
Anyone entering/exiting there would have to have done so from the old road -- meaning, to access that from the new road, they'd have to have exited/entered the new road somewhere farther west or east.

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:52:55 am
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 03:52:57 pm »
Anyone entering/exiting there would have to have done so from the old road -- meaning, to access that from the new road, they'd have to have exited/entered the new road somewhere farther west or east.
Yes and their travels on the new road would have one end at this starred point, hence why it exists as a starred point!

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 03:54:39 pm »
The wp is exactly where the former overpass was.

Where would you position the wp? Can anyone else help - maybe I'm just too stupid...

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2020, 05:02:29 pm »
The wp is exactly where the former overpass was.

Where would you position the wp? Can anyone else help - maybe I'm just too stupid...
I'm saying there should not be one at all here.
If a shaping point is still required in this general area, I'd put a hidden one a bit more northeast.

Yes and their travels on the new road would have one end at this starred point, hence why it exists as a starred point!
Nope. Their travels on the new road would end at a different point, either starred or still open, farther west or east.

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:53:12 pm
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 05:33:44 pm »
After looking at the situation, I'm with yakra here. Unless there was a temporary configuration, there's no way anyone could have a trip on the new road that begins or ends at Old70. If someone traveled the old road, they wouldn't log their travels as E18, but as Fv421 (which could get a waypoint between Fv420 and E18(71) where the old alignment came in; maybe also one just north of Fv420 if you want to be that precise).

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:52:55 am
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 06:30:52 pm »
I get this now - the new road actually joins the old alignment further west roughly here: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=58.485905&lon=8.760824, with that old alignment removed.

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:53:12 pm
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 08:26:23 pm »
I get this now - the new road actually joins the old alignment further west roughly here: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=58.485905&lon=8.760824, with that old alignment removed.
Still not quite. The new road crosses the old alignment there, and there was probably never any connection between the two.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2020, 02:17:44 am »

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2020, 04:29:48 am »
I agree that both routes (E18 + Fv421) have a new alignment now. Can anyone propose which wps should be added / moved / removed from which routes and with which coordinates. Once all agree, I'll change it. Thanks.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2020, 01:30:35 pm »
E18 & OsloKriMotKri:
On either side, I'd leave 71 and  70 as they are.
*Old70 -> hidden shaping point
Just a bit northeast of 71, we could have a *closed point for... this looks like just enough of a gray area:
• On the one hand, it's a closed connection to an existing (albeit relocated) road, so, *Fv421?
• OTOH, it's also a closed, not-a-road-anymore alignment of E18 itself, so *GamE18?
I'd be fine with either label.
Or, if you decide it's too close to 71 to bother with, *shrug!*

...And the separate issue of relabeling *OldDor. (Simply *Dor if an actual road name can't be verified?)

Fv421:
All existing points would stay as they are.
Just before E18(71), a point for *GamE18
Optionally, a point at the roundabout (MyrVei?) to better visually separate the two divergent route traces.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2020, 05:27:45 am »
Locally fixed.

E18 & OsloKriMotKri:Or, if you decide it's too close to 71 to bother with, *shrug!*

This!

...And the separate issue of relabeling *OldDor. (Simply *Dor if an actual road name can't be verified?)

*Dor

Fv421:
All existing points would stay as they are.
Just before E18(71), a point for *GamE18

Too close to 71 to bother with, see E18.

Optionally, a point at the roundabout (MyrVei?) to better visually separate the two divergent route traces.

I often pleaded for this but I tend to apply the one-wp-per-interchange rule.