Author Topic: SC: I-26 Exit #91 realignment  (Read 2048 times)

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 09:42:53 pm
SC: I-26 Exit #91 realignment
« on: July 08, 2023, 10:30:43 am »
They are currently replacing Exit #91, and shifting it to the north to a brand new overpass.

Currently, the new 'EB' exit ramp is open per StreetView.

ESRI imagery already shows the EB ramp open too.

Also, doesn't look like too much longer till they also realign Columbia Ave to the new overpass, as it looks pretty far along in May '23 StreetView imagery from I-26.

So, recommend we shift Exit #91 to the new location now, due to at least one of the new ramps being already open.  Maybe even add an '*Old91' point for the old (or soon to be old) interchange location.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 09:42:53 pm
Re: SC: I-26 Exit #91 realignment
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 01:28:33 am »
So, it seems the 'EB off-ramp' is just a temporary alignment that will partially revert back to Ellett Road once the new 'permanent' EB off-ramp is opened.

They are now starting to demolish the old overpass for Columbia Ave, as the new one is now officially open.

The 'old' WB-off & EB-on ramps are still in-use for now.

But I think with the 'new' WB-on & 'temp' EB-off ramps being open already, I do think it is safe enough to recenter the interchange and put an '*Old91' point at the old location.

(And just so you know, YouTube just randomly suggested this video to me, which is really odd, lol.)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 01:32:06 am by rickmastfan67 »

Offline mapmikey

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 12:40:14 pm
    • Co-curator Virginia Highways Project
Re: SC: I-26 Exit #91 realignment
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 07:55:57 pm »
Point moved. Didn’t retain old location because it’s within the footprint of the rebuilt interchange.