Author Topic: MDA: Cahul  (Read 1687 times)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:42:10 pm
MDA: Cahul
« on: September 25, 2023, 01:20:45 pm »
Coming from Romania (R34.1) I drove through Cahul on the route we have in HB right now: Strada Alexei Șciusev, Strada Bogdan Petriceicu Hașdeu, Bulevardul Republicii, Strada Ștefan cel Mare și Sfînt. I did not spot any R sign albeit I experienced very good signposting in Moldova, i.e. on direction signs and km post every km. The last sign at the junction west of Cahul is only indicating R34 to the north and to the south. The next signs are only after the "eastern bypass junction" east of Cahul. I cannot recall if there is an eastbound sign at that junction - I think there was none - but I saw in the rear mirror that E34 is signed southbound, i.e. just like OSM has! The R34 km posts are starting right after the junction. Every km a km post. But there was none before. Thus, I think that OSM is likely right on their R32 routing. I don't know, maybe the "eastern bypass" was only opened in the last years after we drafted and reviewed the system?

If we trust OSM, we should also add R32.2 in the south of Cahul.
Ir we trust OSM and my eyes, we should truncate R34.1 at east end

https://travelmapping.net/hb/showroute.php?r=mda.r032&lat=45.911899&lon=28.246579&zoom=14

Edit: M, R and L routes seem to be signed well along the M routes I traveled. However, the routes through Cahul are not signed as L roads in the field as far as I can recall.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 01:30:04 pm by michih »