Author Topic: GA: New GA 85 ALT in Clayton County  (Read 422 times)

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:36:20 pm
GA: New GA 85 ALT in Clayton County
« on: September 12, 2024, 08:41:05 pm »
Was thumbing through GMSV and found this.  It's a new connection being built between GA 85 and the SB I-75 ramps at GA 331, but what struck me as odd is that it is being signed as GA 85 ALT in both directions.  Centerline (85) to centerline (331), it's less than 400 feet.

Not sure if it's open yet.  GMSV is from June and shows it mostly finished but still closed.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 09:42:53 pm
Re: GA: New GA 85 ALT in Clayton County
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2024, 01:33:23 am »
Jan '24 GSV shows it as closed, but I bet it has to be opened by now.

Why do you think I think it has to be opened by now? They removed all the Left Turn lanes on GA-85 going both directions @ GA-331, as you can see in the Sep '23 imagery that they had painted over the old Left Turn lanes in both directions.

Plus they were creating a SUPER BAD situation going NB on GA-85, as they had all the 'no left turn' signage up, but they left the lights up & on (and they must have still been cycling) for traffic to turn left onto WB GA-331.

I mean, who in their bright mind thought that was safe to do?  Don't repaint the lines & put up contradictory signage if you don't have the replacement movement open yet. :pan: