Author Topic: AB: AB-2 service plaza  (Read 1309 times)

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 02:38:59 am
AB: AB-2 service plaza
« on: October 18, 2024, 09:35:39 pm »
There's a service plaza between Exits 295 & 305 on the NB side that has full access to the local road grid @ 'Twp Rd 284', where the onramp back to the mainline AB-2 is.

I'd put the point @ where Twp Rd 284 in AB-2's file.

This doesn't have an exit number posted.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:15:07 am
  • I like C++
Re: AB: AB-2 service plaza
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2024, 09:28:31 pm »
Perhaps this is a little unconventional & maybe I'll get some pushback here, but...
Looks like a glorified RIRO to me. And we don't include every RIRO on a Jersey Freeway, do we?
It's telling that it's not important enough for an exit number.

Rest areas or service plazas accessible by car from both freeway carriageways, at which travelers can return the way they came.

As far as Highways intersecting at an interchange, well...
a junction of two or more highways by a system of separate levels that permit traffic to pass from one to another without the crossing of traffic streams
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2024, 09:55:03 pm »
Perhaps this is a little unconventional & maybe I'll get some pushback here, but...
Looks like a glorified RIRO to me. And we don't include every RIRO on a Jersey Freeway, do we?
It's telling that it's not important enough for an exit number.

Then by that theory, should the '24St' point be removed in AB-2's file since they didn't give it an exit number?

This 'service plaza' does have an 'EXIT' sign at least, and you technically can access it from the SB side if you're willing to use the local roads from Exit 295.  And the ramps are setup the same way as any other normal exit too.  I also personally wouldn't call this a RIRO, especially since we've added 'true RIRO's' if they have exit numbers posted.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2024, 10:49:25 pm »
Yeah, TBH I don't know how much I even agree with my own argument here. I was just waiting for you to say "ME I-295 24" :D
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2024, 11:30:45 pm »
Yeah, TBH I don't know how much I even agree with my own argument here. I was just waiting for you to say "ME I-295 24" :D

I was more thinking of "ON ON-400 58". LOL!  Which made me discover a new ON-400 interchange at the same time (Exit 61)! LOL!

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2024, 01:33:55 am »
LOL, misbehaving parclo?

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2024, 02:22:39 am »
All I know is, that I'm amazed that Exit#58 hasn't been closed yet. I mean, how many people have been seriously hurt here?  Especially if people think that's the start of a 4th lane who haven't been there before.