Author Topic: usaal: Alabama State Routes  (Read 107910 times)

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:36:20 pm
Re: usaal: Alabama State Routes
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2024, 08:31:58 am »
^ Several of those are False Positives:

• US 31 and US 280 are false positives due to the way ramps are situated along Red Mountain Expressway, as discusssed in a long ago thread.
  • AL 50 is a false positve, as I noted upthread a few days ago.
  • I'm not sure why it's giving a "hidden junction" error on a shaping point on AL 69.  It's just a shaping point.  Though in trying to figure that out, I did find and fix a broken concurrency with US 43.
  • AL 126 items are false positives due to the nature of how the route exists (which IMO shouldn't have been done that way but ALDOT's gonna ALDOT).
  • AL 210 is a false positive due to being a full loop.

I have fixed the remainder and submitted a pull request.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:01:33 am
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2024, 09:07:30 am »
Thanks - I'm running a site update now with these changes merged in.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 09:42:53 pm
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2024, 10:25:28 am »

Then make sure to add the FPs here in the place where 'al' would go alphabetically. :)
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/blob/master/datacheckfps.csv

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:36:20 pm
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2024, 11:50:52 am »

Then make sure to add the FPs here in the place where 'al' would go alphabetically. :)
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/blob/master/datacheckfps.csv

I’m not familiar with the particulars of updating that plus I’m now at work so if someone else could take care of that it eould be appreciated.

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 02:48:59 pm
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2024, 11:57:06 am »

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 01:54:43 pm
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2024, 01:55:42 pm »
There are still NMPs: https://courses.teresco.org/metal/hdx/?load=al.nmp
One seems to be a FP, the other one needs to fixed.

Offline formulanone

• Last Login:Yesterday at 08:26:39 pm
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2024, 07:24:27 pm »
  • I'm a little confused about AL 304.  Project information I've found suggests it's supposed to run between US 31 and I-65, but the reassurance shield photo F-1 posted upthread is east of I-65.  How far east is it supposed to go?

I'm guessing 304 extends to Lindsey Lane, picking up the traffic exiting Buc-ee's. Since there's a single Limestone County Road 24 shield east of this intersection, I'm guessing it ends there, and not at I-65, since the ramps show east/west signage. Odd for ALDOT to have reassurance signage and then another shield with an End banner just 100 yards away from it. But they are pretty good about marking route ends, though not always exactly at its intersection.

There wasn't a sign for 304 at US 31 as of a few months ago, but it's still under construction.

Unfortunately, ALDOT milepost maps and the state highway map do not yet show 304, so I'd leave it off until there's something more official than a contract from a few years prior.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 07:28:18 pm by formulanone »

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 09:42:53 pm
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2024, 11:10:21 pm »
  • I'm a little confused about AL 304.  Project information I've found suggests it's supposed to run between US 31 and I-65, but the reassurance shield photo F-1 posted upthread is east of I-65.  How far east is it supposed to go?

I'm guessing 304 extends to Lindsey Lane, picking up the traffic exiting Buc-ee's. Since there's a single Limestone County Road 24 shield east of this intersection, I'm guessing it ends there, and not at I-65, since the ramps show east/west signage. Odd for ALDOT to have reassurance signage and then another shield with an End banner just 100 yards away from it. But they are pretty good about marking route ends, though not always exactly at its intersection.

There wasn't a sign for 304 at US 31 as of a few months ago, but it's still under construction.

Unfortunately, ALDOT milepost maps and the state highway map do not yet show 304, so I'd leave it off until there's something more official than a contract from a few years prior.

So, GSV was there in May/June '24.

Signage says CR only goes to the east of the intersection with Lindsay Ln.
And here's the infamous 'END' shield.

Interesting enough, it was only signed from the NB off-ramp.  SB off-ramp had no AL-304 signage.

Oh, and I did also find this: https://whnt.com/news/huntsville/expect-delays-this-week-on-alabama-highway-304/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 11:14:12 pm by rickmastfan67 »