Author Topic: New Travels and Stats Discussion  (Read 433404 times)

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:54:08 pm
Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Reply #1065 on: Yesterday at 08:22:51 pm »
Coincidentally, I was in Portland myself on Friday with my wife, visiting a former student of hers who works there.  Didn't realize it at the time, but the Google Maps-recommended direct route to Freeport from the Kancamacus gave me additional mileage on ME 11, ME 121, ME 85, and a short bit of US 202.

Bird & Company in Woodfords Corner (the junction of US 302/ME 9) has very excellent tacos.

Heading home, did not run into the Notch traffic issues Val complained about, despite the plethora of Mass plates heading north on 93 (almost all of whom departed at Exit 35).

Offline vdeane

• Last Login:Yesterday at 09:49:49 pm
    • New York State Roads
« Reply #1066 on: Yesterday at 09:48:11 pm »
I also grabbed pieces of ME 22 and ME 9 in Portland to clean that up, which may have been a mistake given how early everything closes there
Ja get caught in rush hour traffic? If you were looking for a place to eat and didn't see much, you gotta get a little off the (roadgeekly) beaten path and head in town around Congress St or the Old Port, Fore St area-ish. There's also The Great Lost Bear on Forest Ave (US302), where mapcat & I met up a few years back.

the signed but "might not actually be part of the route" north end of ME 77 to ME 100
Wait... OK I see what you mean. That's just a missing TO. There's an END sign northbound.
WRT ME77, the City of Portland has plans to covert State & High streets to 2-way traffic. I am not happy about this.

Looks like you're still working on vdeane.list, judging by the stuff near the NH/ME line.
Your US2 travels around Bethel looked fine before though?
Got delayed going through Franconia notch and down US 302, and then made the mistake of still trying to do everything.  I probably should have punted on the ME 22/ME 9 stuff to Sunday or skipped it entirely, but I didn't realize that getting dinner near my hotel would become an issue.

I wonder what the street conversion would mean for the ME 77 designation.  Would it still be split, or would it shift to one over the other, and if so, which?  I only did State, so it sounds like I might need to come back and do the other side.

As for US 2, that route had previously been driven on during a college trip to the Common Ground Fair in 2009.  We had one person who carpooled to go home during break, and we dropped her off in Bethel so her parents could take her the rest of the way.  The thing is, my marked travels were a fudge since I wasn't entirely sure which way we went through and not wanting to have a gap.  I'm 75% sure it was this, so the logic of "if I looked left when we turned back on I'd essentially have a sight clinch" was the really sketchy logic I used, but truth be told, I couldn't be sure what I had from the interchange to Rumford (which I have photo evidence for and distinctly remember because of all the turns).  Thus, I went back through and fixed it, ensuring that my marked travels are actually representative there.  I don't have any other such spots marked on my re-clinch list (although it will happen again whenever the new NY 12E bridge opens, since I don't want to go to the trouble to un-mark and then re-mark it).

Incidentally, I did the .list update last night, but it looks like a site update hasn't been run since Saturday night.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Online Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:18:51 pm
« Reply #1067 on: Yesterday at 09:56:33 pm »
Incidentally, I did the .list update last night, but it looks like a site update hasn't been run since Saturday night.

Somehow I completely forgot to run last night's updates.  Tonight's are running now.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 06:41:06 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #1068 on: Today at 02:52:36 pm »
I wonder what the street conversion would mean for the ME 77 designation.  Would it still be split, or would it shift to one over the other, and if so, which?  I only did State, so it sounds like I might need to come back and do the other side.
State, I would expect, if they wanna keep a more direct thru from where the Casco Bay Bridge touches down.
OTOH, if they want to keep thru traffic from cutting across the peninsula, terminating it at US1A isn't out of the question. (CT34 ending at CT10, anyone?) But that may not be likely if the anachronistic ends of 26, 100 & 22 are any indication.

As for US 2, that route had previously been driven on during a college trip to the Common Ground Fair in 2009.
HA! I KNEW IT! :D

We had one person who carpooled to go home during break, and we dropped her off in Bethel so her parents could take her the rest of the way.  The thing is, my marked travels were a fudge since I wasn't entirely sure which way we went through and not wanting to have a gap.  I'm 75% sure it was this, so the logic of "if I looked left when we turned back on I'd essentially have a sight clinch" was the really sketchy logic I used, but truth be told, I couldn't be sure what I had from the interchange to Rumford (which I have photo evidence for and distinctly remember because of all the turns).  Thus, I went back through and fixed it, ensuring that my marked travels are actually representative there.  I don't have any other such spots marked on my re-clinch list (although it will happen again whenever the new NY 12E bridge opens, since I don't want to go to the trouble to un-mark and then re-mark it).
LOL I know what you mean. I'm missing like one block of PA US13 somewhere around 48th-49th St, where I traveled much of the nearby stuff on foot.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca