Author Topic: IRL: capital I vs small l  (Read 2325 times)

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 06:28:15 pm
  • I like C++
IRL: capital I vs small l
« on: May 02, 2022, 05:24:53 pm »
IRL WAW:
WAWDIP -> WAWDlP
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:16:49 pm
Re: IRL: capital I vs small l
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 09:44:41 am »
I can't see this in the .csvs. I overwrote the middle letter as an 'l' ('small-L'), but that was already the case (it wasn't a 'big-i'), so no changes were found by GitHub.

Is there something I missed?

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 10:50:36 am »
It's the waypoint label in irl.waw.wpt.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 02:55:12 pm »
That makes loads of sense.

I blame tiredness from having to get up early and then spend my whole morning and lunchtime travelling back from the Land of Winter. Sadly I didn't get to go the bleak, but incredibly pretty, end of the world on that coast, beyond the pale.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 02:57:40 pm by si404 »

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 03:25:41 pm »
Nice. Ya get any new travels in?

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 06:15:00 pm »
Nice. Ya get any new travels in?
Not much due to being carless and based where I was last time so most new travels involved covering old ground by foot in order to extend that little bit further. It didn't help that (like last time), the primary purpose of the trip didn't leave much time for traveling, and what traveling there was was more of a to-and-from destination form rather than specifically trying to clinch stuff (I did manage to take slightly longer ways around to bag some extra mapped travels).

Did, however, get Airport-City Centre (both via tunnel and surface streets), which I didn't have last time due to taking the ferry. Plus some stuff around Heathrow because signage is unhelpful and I lucked out that a turn was missed.

I reckon something like 8km added beyond the airport-related travel. Not a huge amount, and a small proportion of the walking I've done this last week, but increasing travels was somewhat of a side quest, so I'm not too fussed as I had no chance of getting anything meaningful in terms of TM stats.