Author Topic: Canada and USA Systems Master Thread  (Read 3951 times)

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:13:35 am
Re: Canada and USA Systems Master Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2024, 05:44:46 pm »
Would there be any objection to me creating systems such as St. Louis Metrolink and MATA Trolley?

They're yours.

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:01:04 am
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2024, 11:53:48 pm »
The remaining commuter rail systems are now mapped, which I realize includes neither of those I named as examples :) Next is light(er) rail.

Quick US-Canada link: https://tmrail.teresco.org/user/mapview.php?rg=AL,AK,AZ,AR,CA,CO,CT,DE,FL,GA,HI,ID,IL,IN,IA,KS,KY,LA,ME,MD,MA,MI,MN,MS,MO,MT,NE,NV,NH,NJ,NM,NY,NC,ND,OH,OK,OR,PA,RI,SC,SD,TN,TX,UT,VT,VA,WA,WV,WI,WY,DC,PR,ON,QC,NS,NB,MB,BC,PE,SK,AB,NL

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2024, 12:06:17 am »
as long as you have legitimate business in the building complex.

This right here is an access restriction. And not a trivial one either - I couldn't begin to think of what "legitimate business" I might ever have there. So I'm voting hard no.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but what about NC 172, GA 119, and GA 144? The former at least is only open if you're military or adjacent.

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2024, 09:03:35 am »
How are we handling heritage streetcar lines that are integrated into a light rail system? usamuni currently includes the F, but usamts does not include the Silver Line.

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:04:57 pm
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2024, 10:02:58 am »
The remaining commuter rail systems are now mapped, which I realize includes neither of those I named as examples :) Next is light(er) rail.

Quick US-Canada link: https://tmrail.teresco.org/user/mapview.php?rg=AL,AK,AZ,AR,CA,CO,CT,DE,FL,GA,HI,ID,IL,IN,IA,KS,KY,LA,ME,MD,MA,MI,MN,MS,MO,MT,NE,NV,NH,NJ,NM,NY,NC,ND,OH,OK,OR,PA,RI,SC,SD,TN,TX,UT,VT,VA,WA,WV,WI,WY,DC,PR,ON,QC,NS,NB,MB,BC,PE,SK,AB,NL

Nice work! On some of those system names (namely the acronym ones) that aren't very clear what city they're in, would it be worthwhile to add the city name in front of the acronym (e.g. Atlanta MARTA Rail)? I know I did that when I added Denver (because RTD isn't very descriptive).
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2024, 09:22:36 pm »
How are we handling heritage streetcar lines that are integrated into a light rail system? usamuni currently includes the F, but usamts does not include the Silver Line.

Oh man and that thing even uses the same tracks as the other MTS lines.

It should be included in usamts, this was an oversight. Though as it is 100% concurrent with other lines, costs no one any mileage in its absence.

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2024, 02:28:50 pm »
Most US light rail/streetcar systems are now mapped (as well as Hawaii and Puerto Rico's heavy rail). The only ones I skipped were Portland and Seattle, since they have people listed. I just submitted a quick fix because most of them should have been tier 5, not tier 4. MO LoopTro should probably be a different system, but I'll take care of that later.

I claim no ownership of these systems. Anyone can edit them, rearrange them, rename them, etc. I merely wanted them added so I and others could add travels on them.

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2024, 09:33:06 pm »
So the White Pass and Yukon Route is in the US and Canada. What should the system abbreviation be?

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2024, 01:02:48 am »
So the White Pass and Yukon Route is in the US and Canada. What should the system abbreviation be?

nawpy

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2024, 10:35:51 pm »
Most US light rail/streetcar systems are now mapped (as well as Hawaii and Puerto Rico's heavy rail). The only ones I skipped were Portland and Seattle, since they have people listed. I just submitted a quick fix because most of them should have been tier 5, not tier 4. MO LoopTro should probably be a different system, but I'll take care of that later.

I claim no ownership of these systems. Anyone can edit them, rearrange them, rename them, etc. I merely wanted them added so I and others could add travels on them.

I ended up doing the Pacific Northwest too, but I emphasize that if anyone wants to take over and redo them, that's fine with me. So that should be all the metro and light rail in the US and Canada.

Offline cl94

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:46:44 pm
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2024, 02:45:03 am »
I split eBART in Contra Costa County, California into its own tier 4 system. Previously, that was lumped in with BART, as BART considers both to be the same service. I have a couple of other minor things to change in the Bay Area over the next few days, notably the NMP issue along Market Street.

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2024, 04:30:17 pm »
Reminder to myself to do the Tacoma light rail.

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2024, 09:42:11 pm »

The Tacoma streetcar? Looks to me like a tier 5 thing.

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2024, 11:06:37 pm »

The Tacoma streetcar? Looks to me like a tier 5 thing.
It's the T Line in the same system as Seattle's 1 and 2 Lines.