Author Topic: Canada and USA Systems Master Thread  (Read 3952 times)

Offline cl94

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:46:44 pm
Re: Canada and USA Systems Master Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2024, 01:01:51 am »
I added the California Western Railroad/ Skunk Train, Cass Scenic Railroad, and Durbin and Greenbrier Valley Railroad today; should show up in the next update. All of these are relatively popular tourist railroads, and I may want that Cass mileage for myself. :P

Offline Bickendan

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:13:17 pm
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2024, 11:27:32 pm »
Portland Streetcar and TriMet MAX should be split on the one-way couplets through/around downtown because the A and B Loop lines are separate lines... which means an eastbound and a westbound file for the Blue and Red Lines (which will need to be extended out to Hillsboro Airport at the end of the month), and a north and south file for the Yellow, Green, and Orange lines. If A and B weren't separate lines, I think the current setup would work, but as it is, station pairs are offset from each other along Morrison/Yamhill and 5th/6th.

Likewise, the 10th/11th Ave couplets should be split, which will affect the N/S Streetcar Line.

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:13:35 am
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2024, 08:02:53 pm »
Portland Streetcar and TriMet MAX should be split on the one-way couplets through/around downtown because the A and B Loop lines are separate lines... which means an eastbound and a westbound file for the Blue and Red Lines (which will need to be extended out to Hillsboro Airport at the end of the month), and a north and south file for the Yellow, Green, and Orange lines. If A and B weren't separate lines, I think the current setup would work, but as it is, station pairs are offset from each other along Morrison/Yamhill and 5th/6th.

Likewise, the 10th/11th Ave couplets should be split, which will affect the N/S Streetcar Line.

Previous related discussion beginning here: https://forum.travelmapping.net/index.php?topic=5761.msg32366#msg32366

My opposition to separately mapping the A and B loops at all is previously registered... honestly though, I don't necessarily hate the way it is right now with them both run down the middle of the one-way couplets.

The crucial thing here is someone who rides around the loop in one direction should get credit for both, because that is how every other one-way pair on the site is handled with both trains and roads.