Author Topic: PA: PA 18 point request and change(?)  (Read 4180 times)

Offline Mr_Matté

• Last Login:September 26, 2024, 11:09:57 pm
PA: PA 18 point request and change(?)
« on: June 24, 2024, 09:19:56 pm »
Requesting a point along PA18 at Peach Street in Platea Borough as I turned here to photograph the boro hall (and finally get some pix for the borough and every other municipality in Erie County). Location is at about 41.95045, -80.32861

Also down in Beaver County, should the point for I-76 be moved to the center of the I-76/PA Turnpike overpass instead of the previous location of the trumpet ramp on PA 18? The interchange has been reconfigured recently such that the eastbound Turnpike on and offramps no longer cross over the Turnpike and instead head directly to PA 18 south of here (while the westbound on and off ramps still utilize the original trumpet at PA 18, albeit with a Bailey bridge going over PA 18 as of Friday). I utilized the westbound on-ramp but I don't care if the point is moved or a new point is created south of there.

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:56:57 pm
Re: PA: PA 18 point request and change(?)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024, 08:00:04 am »
Requesting a point along PA18 at Peach Street in Platea Borough as I turned here to photograph the boro hall (and finally get some pix for the borough and every other municipality in Erie County). Location is at about 41.95045, -80.32861

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/7475

]Also down in Beaver County, should the point for I-76 be moved to the center of the I-76/PA Turnpike overpass instead of the previous location of the trumpet ramp on PA 18? The interchange has been reconfigured recently such that the eastbound Turnpike on and offramps no longer cross over the Turnpike and instead head directly to PA 18 south of here (while the westbound on and off ramps still utilize the original trumpet at PA 18, albeit with a Bailey bridge going over PA 18 as of Friday). I utilized the westbound on-ramp but I don't care if the point is moved or a new point is created south of there.

I think that I should leave this alone until the project is complete in 2027.  Honestly, this looks like another I-476 at PA 63 situation except that the trumpet will be gone and the multiple points(?) would be on PA 18.