Author Topic: AR: Several Arkansas Updates (and a new state highway)  (Read 10216 times)

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:07:13 pm
Re: AR: Several Arkansas Updates (and a new state highway)
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2024, 08:04:14 am »
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/7597

Yakra, I'd recenter the 'END' point to just before the 'STOP' signs that are seen in the 2008 GSV.

They are still visible in current Satellite imagery on Google.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:39:52 am
  • I like C++
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2024, 11:20:24 pm »
I saw that in GMSV, and it looked temporary to me, such as for construction.
Not so sure about satellite imagery; those could be those big posts next to the stop signs. I don't see evidence of the barricade.
And it's all easy enough to drive around ;D so I thought, why not go with the end from the shapefiles... still listed as public road for better or worse.

Yeah the route ends at that boat ramp.
TBKS1 was there in mid-June, and didn't mention the stop signs or barricade fwiw.
TBKS1, Do you have any more details on this?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline TBKS1

• Last Login:September 11, 2024, 06:30:11 pm
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2024, 03:19:56 pm »
Sorry about this, I didn't see this message until just now. I need to look at the forum more lol

So here's the official end of AR 600, it just goes to a boat ramp along the river. There wasn't a barrier blocking the ramp from when I was there.

If you look at it from the other direction, there is a sign posted for the county line (facing south would enter into Union County upon crossing the Ouachita River)

« Last Edit: August 22, 2024, 03:23:45 pm by TBKS1 »