Author Topic: NE: New L27E in Fremont/Inglewood  (Read 2905 times)

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:33:22 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
NE: New L27E in Fremont/Inglewood
« on: July 06, 2024, 11:27:08 am »
Drove down to see my in-laws for the Fourth and saw signage for a new S27E pointing toward the old route of US 77 at the roundabout at the new bypass and Broad Street. Didn't get any pics because I wasn't expecting it to be there; will get some and investigate if there's any signage on the road itself on the way back up (even if it means driving through Fremont... ugh).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2024, 03:04:51 pm by the_spui_ninja »
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:47:37 pm
Re: NE: New L27E in Fremont/Inglewood
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2024, 11:48:30 am »

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:08:45 am
  • I like C++
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2024, 04:30:34 pm »
Not listed in the August 2023 Log Book, despite the bypass opening the previous June at the latest. Presumably the spur designation would have taken effect at the same time.

The city map, while not labeling S27E, does show divided state highway up to Boulevard St. Using that as the N endpoint.

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/7530
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:33:22 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2024, 06:48:59 pm »
Should be right based on my field investigation (below for pics) and what I could dig up, also the log book does have S27E in it (listed as "Inglewood Spur").

There's no signage on the route itself, and the S27E small shields look like they were bolted on to the junction signs after the fact (they weren't there in April, and yes, I just now noticed the light pole blocks the sign). Per the log book the route ends at Inglewood city limits, which just so happen to line up with Boulevard Street. There's a pavement change there.

All of that to say, what's in the HB now is as good as we're going to get.

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:08:45 am
  • I like C++
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2024, 11:03:36 am »
the log book does have S27E in it (listed as "Inglewood Spur").
Haha Derp! I thought it was listed in alphanumeric order like usanes.csv, and never scrolled down past the links to the spurs.

Per the log book the route ends at Inglewood city limits, which just so happen to line up with Boulevard Street.
City limits, yes. Lines up per both OSM and Google. OTOH, the city map does show the limit a bit south of BouSt, and the hwy continuing a bit north to BouSt itself.
Though if we're using OSM for our point sources, they're the same thing. A Good Thing, as it neatly removes the ambiguity! :D

There's a pavement change there.
Don't know if I'd put too much stock in that on its own, it may just be the end of the section that was realigned.
...Which may or may not correspond to the village limit anyway. ;)
GMSV has it halfway between the village limit sign (if that's accurate, lol) and Boulevard St.

All of that to say, what's in the HB now is as good as we're going to get.
And all of that to say... agreed! As noted above.

Another factor that made me pick BouSt was that if we do find we need to adjust the terminus in the future, it's easier to truncate with an AltLabel on the end so everyone can keep clinches than to add a new point & have people lose clinches.
(Notwithstanding that we could just do the same thing, move the endpoint a tiny bit & use an AltLabel, LOL.)
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca