Author Topic: New Railway System - Croatia  (Read 5777 times)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 12:16:12 am
Re: New Railway System - Croatia
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2024, 04:30:39 am »
Do you struggle with Github itself, our with the travelmapping data organization on Github?

Offline Mislav210

• Last Login:October 03, 2024, 02:19:08 pm
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2024, 02:13:36 am »
Do you struggle with Github itself, our with the travelmapping data organization on Github?

Well, let's just say that both, so can you just tell me were to put the data?

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2024, 02:10:22 pm »
The data organization is explained under https://travelmapping.net/devel/manual/sysnew.php It's described for highways but it's quite similar for railways.

What kind of data have you already created? wpt files and csv files? I assume that you've minimum created two wpt files and two csv files if you've put everything into one system. Please attach the two csv files for one system, and one or two out of the wpt files. I'll have a quick look into it to make sure that it's fine.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2024, 02:12:27 pm by michih »

Offline Mislav210

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2024, 03:32:32 pm »
The data organization is explained under https://travelmapping.net/devel/manual/sysnew.php It's described for highways but it's quite similar for railways.

What kind of data have you already created? wpt files and csv files? I assume that you've minimum created two wpt files and two csv files if you've put everything into one system. Please attach the two csv files for one system, and one or two out of the wpt files. I'll have a quick look into it to make sure that it's fine.

Thanks fore the link :)
Well I created the whole network but I didn't put everything in one file, rather I split them by route name. So I'll send you the whole folder

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2024, 03:29:43 pm »
Well I created the whole network but I didn't put everything in one file, rather I split them by route name. So I'll send you the whole folder

Well, I only asked for one or two examples ;) But great work :)
First, you need to change the file extensions from txt to wpt.
Second, you need to define a system code, system name, tier index and color code. Please suggest it here. I wonder if L, M and R refers to different systems? Please explain what's the meaning of the numbers, i.e. L101, L102 etc.

Offline Mislav210

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2024, 03:12:57 am »

Second, you need to define a system code, system name, tier index and color code. Please suggest it here. I wonder if L, M and R refers to different systems? Please explain what's the meaning of the numbers, i.e. L101, L102 etc.

Thank you!
Yes, so I was thinking smoethil like this:

HRVM101 (TMblue)
HRVR101 (TMred)
HRVL101 (TMyellow)

Yes, you are right M means Main (corridor) railways, R means Railways of regional significance and L means Railways of local significance.

Offline Mislav210

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2024, 05:07:40 am »

Thank you!

HRVM101 (TMblue)
HRVR101 (TMred)
HRVL101 (TMyellow)

Yes, you are right M means Main (corridor) railways, R means Railways of regional significance and L means Railways of local significance.

Here it is in .wpt format

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2024, 02:04:43 pm »

HRVM101 (TMblue)
HRVR101 (TMred)
HRVL101 (TMyellow)

Do you mean like this?

Code: [Select]
hrvm;HRV;Croatia Main Corridors;TMBlue;1;preview
hrvr;HRV;Croatia Regional Tracks;TMRed;2;preview
hrvl;HRV;Croatia Local Tracks;TMYellow;3;preview

I wonder what si404 or Duke87 think about it.

However, I'm looking forward to check  the csv files: hrvm.csv, hrvr.csv and hrvl.csv
I mean, first, I'd like to understand how you want to name the routes i.e. services. The *_con.csv files don't matter right now.

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 04:35:19 am
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2024, 06:07:15 pm »
colours are those of lower tiers and L is tier 2 (which is arguably too broad, and needs a second colour like cyan for 3 and lightsalmon for 4) as not metro.

ignoring that local names are used elsewhere

hrvm;HRV;Croatia Main Corridors;TMPurple;1;preview
hrvr;HRV;Croatia Regional Tracks;TMGreen;2;preview
hrvl;HRV;Croatia Local Tracks;TMGreen;2;preview

Offline Mislav210

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2024, 08:12:21 am »

HRVM101 (TMblue)
HRVR101 (TMred)
HRVL101 (TMyellow)

Do you mean like this?

hrvm;HRV;Croatia Main Corridors;TMBlue;1;preview
hrvr;HRV;Croatia Regional Tracks;TMRed;2;preview
hrvl;HRV;Croatia Local Tracks;TMYellow;3;preview

I wonder what si404 or Duke87 think about it.

However, I'm looking forward to check  the csv files: hrvm.csv, hrvr.csv and hrvl.csv
I mean, first, I'd like to understand how you want to name the routes i.e. services. The *_con.csv files don't matter right now.

So, your idea to name the group of routes: Croatia Main Corridors, Regional Tracks and Local Tracks is great. Afterwards each individual route sould be named exp.: M101 etc. For the question of tiers, I think that Main Corridors tier 1, Regional Tracks tier 2 and Local Tracks tier 4.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2024, 09:29:41 am »
Ok, so please make the csv files. I think you can take this as an example: https://github.com/TravelMapping/RailwayData/blob/master/data/_systems/argbs.csv
I guess it should be read like this:
systemName;region;route;banner;abbrev;city;root;altRouteNames
hrvm;HRV;CatLoz;;;González Catán - Lozano;hrv.m101;
hrvm;HRV;JofMer;;;Tomás Jofré - Mercedes;hrv.m102;
Not sure how you want to deal with the "route" and "city" columns. My example is just a copy from the Argentinian system. That's what I want to learn to understand your approach.

btw, I didn't fully check the wpt file names. They should be read "hrv.m101.wpt" etc. ie you need to add the "hrv." prefix for the region. Just like the "root" column entry in the csv file.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2024, 12:46:41 pm »
I've renamed the file to hrv.*.wpt and uploaded them to Github: https://github.com/TravelMapping/RailwayData/pull/220 Once the PR will be merged, they will be under: https://github.com/TravelMapping/RailwayData/tree/master/data/HRV
The routes won't be shown on the site as long as there are no csv files.