Author Topic: OK: US271BusHug Decommissioned  (Read 504 times)

Offline CoreySamson

• Last Login:Yesterday at 03:47:25 pm
OK: US271BusHug Decommissioned
« on: October 12, 2024, 12:02:46 am »
I am 99% sure that this route was decommissioned at the same time as US70BusHug, which was decommissioned several years ago. Signage for both routes around Hugo is almost completely gone (except for one or two stragglers). Not sure why US70BusHug was deleted while US271BusHug was not, but for the record, it appears both routes are fully decommissioned.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2024, 12:07:07 am by CoreySamson »
Clincher of FM roads. Proud micro passer. Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:39:38 pm
  • I like C++
Re: OK: US271BusHug Decommissioned
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2024, 01:46:36 pm »
Yes, OKDOT applied to AASHTO to delete them both at the same time.
I waited a long time for the signage removal to show up in GMSV. Eventually, US70Bus was gonzo but I didn't see enough change to convince me to remove US271Bus yet.

On the one hand, all NB signage is now gone -- except for this rather big exception. Good effort OKDOT in getting rid of the business banner here, but it falls a bit flat when the rest of the route more often than not was signed as plain US271 rather than business. Strong implication there's some flavor of US271 here -- something that's not a bypass. :(

SB is another story; other than at Jackson (old US70Bus) & Broadway where all signage was removed, the only sign removed was the one SB one that actually had a banner. :P
Unless something has more recently changed on the ground, we still have all of these.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca